The Shagman ® (aka Mike Shanahan) has been writing and performing his original, dry, witty, cheeky style of comedy since 2002. Shagmans stand up routine has been described as different, very funny and a whole new take on comedy.
Shagmans comedy (and Virgin Blue and Toyota) have taken him to Canberra, Adelaide, Melbourne, throughout QLD and some other areas to fantastic responses (sometimes from the audience).
Shagman has been the support act for many top comics including George Smilivich, the late Mark ‘Chopper’ Read, the late Dave Grant, Lindsay Webb, Shelley Plunket, Michael Bennett, Rob Brown and Mark ‘Jacko’ Jackson on the Jackos Woodstock Comedy Tour.
A former radio personality hosting the ‘Shaggis Show’ broadcast between 1994-1998 on The Rock Network, [www.therock.net.nz] New Zealand, Shagman continues to perform his stand up and has recently released his second Comedy EP entitled ‘STILL GOIN’ HARD’.
During Shagmans time in commercial radio his show was very funny and entertaining. People would gather around the radio at 7 pm like it was 1940 (before TV ) all over again, to hear the Shagman. Some to laugh, some to complain, but all for the same reason; to hear what the Shagman would say next. Tapes (yes, tapes) of “The Shaggis Show” found their way to Europe and America (and unfortunately some to management)
A little trivia about Shagman
- He was the first radio personality in New Zealand (and possibly the entire world) to play Kevin Bloody Wilson songs on the radio.
- In the late 1990’s He moved from New Zealand to Australia.
- He currently lives in Brisbane.
- Shagman was born on October 20 1971 in Auckland, NZ and shares a birthday with the late Tom Petty (from Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers) and Danni Minogue (from Danni Minogue).
- Keep checking in to www.theshagman.com as we continue uploading more audio/video/photos
- Performed at – Adelaide Fringe Festival and Melbourne Fringe Festival with the ‘Fourplay’ comedy group of 5 comedians 2008
- Currently performing his routine in QLD and around Australia.